On October 2nd, 1898, surveying began for a the town of Titonka. Only 14 short years later, in 1913, the Titonka Library was established.
The Titonka Public Library has been housed in many different locations but has been on Main Street since 1964. Prior to that, the public library occupied space in the front of the J.E. Keil furniture store and the back of the former First National Bank. At one time it was even a part of what is now Katie's Salon.
In 2006, we moved into our current location, with over 3,072 square feet of space. The Titonka Public Library has been apart of the community for over 100 years and continues to be one of the central meeting places for the town.